"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Monday, June 13, 2011

CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE CHOCOLATE (ice cream/almonds/and strawberries galore)

As a vegan, it can sometimes be extremely hard to find something to satisfy an intense sweet tooth (which I definitely have). Lately, I've been trying out new dessert recipes in order to solve this dilemma. Tonight, was no exception. Over the course of the day I made, chocolate chip blondies (blogged about those in an earlier post), dark chocolate covered strawberries, almonds, and cashews, and last but not least, homemade cocoa ice cream. For the chocolate covered stuff I simply purchased a bag of 70% dark chocolate chips from Whole Foods and melted the chocolate chips in a double broiler, dipped all of the ingredients into the melted chocolate, placed the finished product on aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, and froze them for about 3 hours. The final product was fantastic! For the ice cream, I followed a recipe from "Sketch-Free-Vegan-Eating) but instead of using carob I used raw cocoa powder and substituted the stevia with 1/3 cup evaporated cane juice. The link is below.

http://sketch-freeveganeating.blogspot.com/2011/02/creamy-carob-ice-cream-w-stevia-vegan.html

All of the goodies served on top of some delicious soy vanilla ice cream from Trader Joes

My homemade cocoa ice cream with grain sweetened chocolate chips
Happiness and Gratitude, 
Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment