"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pan-Fried Mochi

Callie and I both love Alicia Silverstone's book, The Kind Diet. I read it cover to cover (including all the amazing recipes) in two days. It's so informative and really shows how a vegan lifestyle is a great way to go. She mentions mochi a lot, so I thought I would make the pan-fried mochi!
There are either sweet or savory versions, I chose to make the sweet version
Ingredients
-sesame or olive oil
-unflavored mochi cut into 1"-2" pieces
-shoyu (unprocessed soy sauce)
-brown rice syrup (you can also use maple syrup)

All you do is pan fry them for 4 minutes on each side and they morph into gooey, yummy goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment