"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Taking the Time

As I woke up a good 5 hours later than Callie this morning, I still wanted to have a good, wholesome, vegan breakfast that I could enjoy. I just took out some Irish Steel Cut Oatmeal and instead of popping it in the microwave like so many of us do, I decided, it's a beautiful Saturday morning (afternoon for most other people...) and I should take the time to make a nicer breakfast for myself. I cooked my oatmeal on the stove, cut up a banana into small slices and had half a grapefruit. Instead of going into my room to sit on my bed, watch tv, and mindlessly eat, I went to my dining room table and sat with my dogs and had a lovely breakfast with myself and my four legged friends. From becoming more health conscious, I have learned to take more time in everything I do and not rush through the day but slow down and enjoy it. Ditch the microwave, the drive through, the pick up order, and see how it can change you!

No comments:

Post a Comment