"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, ANIMAL-FREE, Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies from Heaven! Also, a rant about processed foods and Henry D. Thoreau

It is currently 9:36 am on a Sunday morning and I just started my day with a fruit smoothie and piece of Ezekiel bread with almond butter! Yesterday, I was craving some sort of dessert that I wouldn't need to feel guilty about when I remembered a recipe for gluten free/vegan chocolate chip cookies. I found this recipe a few weeks ago on one of my favorite blogs: www.sketch-freeveganeating.blogspot.com. The authors of this blog (Jennifer and Jaclyn) never include any processed sugar or processed food in general (such as tofu) in their recipes, which I absolutely love. One of the biggest problems I have found when it comes to being vegan is that it is WAY too easy to be an unhealthy vegan if you are not careful. Just remember, just because the package says its vegan, DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN THAT IT'S HEALTHY! I have met many a vegan who simply live off of white pasta, beans, fake cheese, processed tofu, various meat substitutes, and sugar-filled "vegan" cookies and soy ice cream. There will NEVER be any processed food in my recipes except for the occasional tofu! Everything in moderation is perfectly acceptable, however filling your body with unnatural foods will simply make you feel drowsy and emotionally/physically unstable.
In my favorite book, "Walden Pond, the author, Henry D. Thoreau, discusses the reality that our Earth provides us with everything we need...INCLUDING FOOD. Let us help both our bodies and our planet by consuming the food that we are meant to be eating. The truth is, the more you tamper with a vegetable or piece of fruit by cooking it, or processing it in any way, you are getting farther and farther from its natural state of nutrition. 
Anyway, here are some "before" and "after" photos of these DELICIOUS vegan/gluten free chocolate chip cookies I made yesterday. I have posted the link to find the recipe below. 

http://sketch-freeveganeating.blogspot.com/2010/08/gluten-free-and-vegan-chocolate-chip.html

No comments:

Post a Comment