"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Saturday, May 28, 2011

I heart Stir-Fry

Good morning world and happy Saturday! 
A few nights ago I got home from my internship and was pretty hungry. I was craving something substantial but not too heavy. Luckily, I found the perfect solution! A VEGGIE STIR FRY! All I had to do to make this stir-fry was saute a few veggies, beans and brown rice. I use olive oil in the pan when making the majority of my stir-fries because olive oil provides me with healthy fats, which as a vegan is VERY important. 


Ingredients: 
1 1/2 cups of cooked brown rice (I buy the bags of pre-cooked frozen brown rice from Whole Foods) 
1/4 cup of pre-cooked organic lima beans (frozen or fresh) 
1 1/2 medium sized organic whole carrots 
one bunch of organic kale (cut into bite size pieces) 
a few slices of purple cabbage (cut into small pieces) 
organic cauliflower and broccoli (as much as you want) 
lotus root marinated in soy sauce (available from Dave's Gourmet Korean Food, I buy mine from this vendor at the farmer's market)
3 sheets of unsalted, roasted nori (seaweed) 


Directions: 
First, heat two tbsp of good quality, extra virgin olive oil in a medium sized pan. Second, put all of the vegetables in the pan and sprinkle with some shoyu sauce (raw, unpasteurized soy sauce) to your liking. After about 7 minutes add in the cooked brown rice, add a pinch of black pepper, shoyu sauce, and a little bit more olive oil. What I love to do is take my nori, and fill it with my stir-fry and lotus root then wrap it all up. I hope you enjoy your meal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment