"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Our food tour and my attempt at spaghetti squash

Callie and I went on a health food tour yesterday and it was a really fun experience. We found this offer through dailycandy.com where you meet a health food expert at a Whole Foods and they take you around and teach you about what good food you should eat and know about. We spent two hours in the Whole Foods on 3rd street across from the Grove, and we learned some really interesting facts. Christy showed us new kinds of greens, fruits, and vegetables and how to make different and exciting meals with them. She showed us the spaghetti squash and taught us that when you roast this certain kind of squash, it gets stringy like spaghetti and it is a great substitute for pasta. So, after Callie and I shopped for our new items, I went home and looked up a spaghetti squash recipe. I came upon this one and thought I could substitute the tomatoes for red, yellow, and green bell peppers. I also was intrigued because one of the new greens Christy introduced me to was rainbow chard. So I thought I would give it a go.
The final product turned out okay. I think I might have under cooked the squash because it was much crunchier than pasta but all in all it was a good dish and I was happy to try something that was completely off my radar a couple hours before. I recommend giving this a try or finding a new recipe involving spaghetti squash.


Recipe: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=11148.0


-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment