"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Monday, May 23, 2011

The BEST Vegan Chocolate Cake I've EVER Made...EVER

Today was one of my best friend, Dani's birthday, so I decided that I would attempt at making my first ever vegan chocolate cake. I found both the cake and frosting recipe on vegweb.com (a really incredible website). Instead of using regular sugar for the cake recipe I used brown sugar and also added some vegan, grain sweetened chocolate chips to the batter. I decorated the top layer (it was a double layer cake) with a few vegan chocolate chips and some slices of an organic strawberry. For the frosting, instead of using cocoa powder, I melted some high-quality unsweetened baking chocolate to mix in. It was a great touch and worked out great. Between each layer of cake there was a thick spread of the frosting and chocolate chips. It was pure magic if I do say so myself. Everyone at Dani's birthday dinner loved it. Enjoy the photos and links to the recipes!

For the Cake: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6433.0
For The Frosting: http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=6441.0


-Callie!

No comments:

Post a Comment