"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tofu Bell Pepper Scramble

For lunch today, I went to one of my favorite blogs, Veganstoner.com and chose one of their easy, yummy recipes. I landed on the Tofu Bell Pepper Scramble.

firm tofu (chopped)
bell peppers (chopped)
nutritional yeast
garlic powder
handful of chopped kale
tortilla chips
chili sauce

The full recipe is on Veganstoner.com, I added the kale and garlic powder and forgo the avocado. 
The entire process took about 20 minutes and it was SO good!
A Note on Nutritional Yeast : I've read so many vegan recipes that involved nutritional yeast, I had no idea what it was or what its purpose was. If you questioned the same thing, HERE is the info I learned:

-Yellow in color with a nutty cheese flavor
-it is an inactive yeast that is favored by vegans because of its similarity to cheese
-has vitamin B12 (vegans need to make sure they get B12 which is regularly found in meat)
-don't get brewer's yeast-it looks similar but it is not the same
-add it to hot popcorn, garlic bread, a stir fry, or pasta sauce

you can get it a little of it at the 'help yourself' part of whole foods. This is definitely a new item I will be adding to my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment