"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Vegan Sandwich?!?

Good morning everyone!


Today I will be posting about a wonderful sandwich that I ate for lunch. After working out on my elliptical for 30 minutes and doing some ab workout, I was really in the mood for something satisfying and filling that would leave me feeling light. Luckily, I found the perfect option. I made a vegetable sandwich on low-sodium sprouted wheat and barley bread (the brand is called Ezekiel and I HIGHLY suggest it) with a homemade tahini spread, almond "cheese" (available for purchase at most health food stores) and cut up carrots, cucumber, purple cabbage and red peppers. Make sure that all of your produce is locally grown and organic! The best bet is to buy it from your local farmer's market. 


The Recipe: Vegetable Tahini Sandwich
Ingredients:
Two slices of "Ezekiel 4:9" bread (http://foodforlife.com/our-products/sprouted-grain/ezekiel-49)
Almond "Cheese": (http://www.lisanatti.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1&Itemid=15)
Purple Cabbage
Raw Carrots
Cucumber
Red Bell Pepper
Raw Tahini 
Shoyu sauce
one Fresh lemon
Sea salt


Recipe for Tahini Spread: (Just mix all the ingredients together) 
1/4 cup raw tahini sauce 
5 drops of shoyu sauce (to taste) 
Fresh lemon juice (to taste) 
pinch of salt 


Spread the tahini spread on both pieces of the Ezekiel bread then layer four slices of the almond cheese, then layer the rest of the vegetables on top. ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment