"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Monday, May 16, 2011

Vegan in Boston!

Hello everyone! I'm currently in a hotel room overlooking Newbury street in Boston. I have discovered over the last three days that it is fairly hard to be vegan in Boston. I am here because my older sister is graduating fro Emerson college and luckily she has some cool vegan friends who take me to the BEST restaurant. I'm blogging from my mom's iPad so I can't post all of my food/restaurant pictures until I get home...but I will! This restaurant was called "Life Alive". All of the food on the menu was completely unprocessed, natural and whole! I enjoyed the "Goddes Bowl" which was filled with brown rice, kale, beets, carrots, tofu, and broccoli topped with an incredible Nama shoyu sauce and tamari almonds. This was the best meal I've had in a LONG time! I also got a wonderful banana/date shake which was only made with bananas, dates, and almond milk. If you're in the Boston area I highly recommend going to Life Alive. The restaurant was covered in meaningful and holistic quotes, flyers promoting documentaries and concerts, interesting artwork and books about phycology and diffent health food movements. There were even quotes in the bathroom that made me feel healthy and happy.

Pictures to come soon...and also a post about my epiphany regarding being vegan without a kitchen!
-Callie!

No comments:

Post a Comment