"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Beginning

Hello World!


It's a beautiful Tuesday morning not only because the sun is out and the birds are chirping, but also because Meg Rappeport and Callie Ryan have decided to immerse ourselves in the world of veganism. We have just graduated high school and have the month of May to embark on our senior projects. We have decided that we are both going to go vegan. Not only do we want to help the animals and save the world but we also want to help our bodies. In the following paragraphs we will explain a little bit about who we are.


Meg!
Hi, I'm Meg! My interest about the world of health food began this summer after I read the book, "Skinny Bitch" Rory Freedman and Kim Barnuion. I became an instant vegetarian and devoted to a new life of healthier, smarter choices for the world and my body. Using Callie as a vegan life coach, I have started each day more inspired to become a better person to the animal society. During my senior project I have decided to go 100% vegan and with the help and partnership of Callie, we will be making new recipes and sharing ideas and thoughts about our experience. I hope you can enjoy our journey and feel inspired!

Callie!
Hello infinite world!
My name is Callie Ryan and I love health food, the environment, and being happy. I live in a world of cocoa nibs, kale and goji berries and I spent my spare time writing music on my guitar, cooking or reading vegan food blogs. In middle school I was sucked into the dark obsession of baking...no, not vegan baking but REAL baking with ingredients like BUTTER and CREAM and PROCESSED SUGAR. It was bad news. About two years ago I shifted my passion for food from sugary goodness to health food; this would end up being one of the best decisions of my life. The reason I became so attracted to the idea of health food was because of the concept that there are certain food you can eat that not only taste good but they can make you feel good. Food is the foundation of everything around us, however  it seems that the majority of Americans no longer have a relationship with what they eat. Up until now I have been vegan except for eggs and fish, but today is the day to change that as well. I realize that if I care about the world, veganism is the only way to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment