"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Bring on the Hummus!

I am a HUGE hummus fan. There are so many ways to make a classic hummus recipe extra-ordinary. A few nights ago I was craving something different then my usual asian-style stir fry; so, this is what I came up with. Homemade hummus, brown rice,  a fresh and organic tomato and  cucumber salad along with a toasted whole-wheat pita bread (I was hoping to make one from scratch but I didn't have time so I purchased this one from Trader Joes...it was delicious!) 


Recipe: 
Hummus 
1. one can of organic garbanzo beans (spill out the liquid from the can) 
2. 1/4 cup raw tahini
3. 1-2 tbs of high quality olive oil
4. sea salt and pepper to tast
5. a few drops of shoyu sauce
6. 2-3 tbs of fresh lemon juice 
Directions: blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.

Tomato and Cucumber salad
1. 3 organic roma tomatoes 
2. 2 organic cucumbers
3. 1/2 cup olive oil 
4. 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar 
5. sea salt and pepper to taste
Directions: First, cube the tomatoes and cucumbers and toss with other ingredients in a large bowl. After this let the salad soak in the marinade and chill in the fridge for 15-20 minutes. 

Gratitude, love, and stability,
Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment