"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Monday, August 15, 2011

Brown Rice = Centering



Today, my family and I celebrated my little sister's 14th birthday. As a result, I spend the majority of my night last night with my best friend Dani baking an assortment of vegan baked goods. By 3:30 am I had vegan brownies, gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, and non- gluten free chocolate chip cookies. I felt very accomplished today as my family enthusiastically consumed the food I had made without even knowing that they were vegan. The only downside to my baked goodies being so delicious was that I proceeded to eat an absurd amount of them. Can you say "vegan baked goods overload?" By the time I got home from my grandma's (where the party was) I was in need of a centering, pure and cleansing meal for dinner. I steamed some short grain, organic brown rice along side two large organic carrots, two organic celery stalks, and a slice of an olive baguette from LaBrea Bakery (available at whole foods). I drizzled olive oil and sprinkled sea salt over the rice. I spread some tahini on the olive baguette and it was ridiculously satisfying and healing. Although this meal was simple, it was exactly what I needed after an evaporated cane juice (sugar) overload. 
Gratitude and happiness, 
Callie





No comments:

Post a Comment