"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wake Up Those Taste Buds With A Curried Veggie Burger!

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! 
Today is a beautiful day, so I thought I would share one of my favorite new recipes with all of you! 
One night when I was searching for something exciting to make for dinner I came across a recipe for black bean-pea burgers from my favorite blog, sketch-freeveganeating.blogspot.com. The result was the most delicious dinner I've eaten in ages! My not vegan mom even loved this meal :) I made some short-grain brown rice and an incredible kale salad to go with the "burger". 


Recipe: 
Happy Kale Salad
1. 2 cups of chopped up organic kale
2. 1/4 head of purple cabbage (julienned) 
3. 1 medium sized carrot (peeled and julienned) 
4. 2 tbsp olive oil 
5. 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 
6. sea salt and black pepper to taste
directions: Mix the kale, carrots, and purple cabbage then massage the rest of the ingredients into the vegetable mixture and let chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. 

Black bean-Pea burgers
http://sketch-freeveganeating.blogspot.com/2011/06/black-bean-pea-burgers.html

mmmmmmmmmm!


Enjoy! 
Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment