"Nature Supports Life!"

"No animal should die so I can live."

"Gratitude is the foundation of stability and happiness."

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Green Smoothie That Tasted Like Dessert!

I'm a HUGE fan of smoothies for breakfast. They make me feel energized and ready to start my day. Unlike the feeling I generally get after eating something heavy like cereal or toast with almond butter, smoothies leave me feeling light and refreshed! Here is a recipe for one of my favorite green smoothies...don't be alarmed by the color. 

Banana-Kale Protein Smoothie

Ingredients: 
1-2 frozen bananas
1 1/2 cups of chopped up kale (you can sub the kale with any other green IE: spinach, chard, lettuce etc) 
1 heaping TBSP of raw almond butter
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk 
*if you like your smoothies on the sweeter side you can add one pitted medjool date to the mix. 
Directions: 
Blend everything together in the blender until it is rich and creamy. I use a very high-powered blender called a vita-mix and I HIGHLY recommend making that purchase...it's an incredible investment. Look it up on google. 
P.S I like to sprinkle some organic cocoa nibs and low-fat/low-sugar granola on top of my green smoothie for an extra CRUNCH! 


Enjoy! By drinking this, you are helping both your hunger and your body! 


gratitude and happiness, 
Callie 


No comments:

Post a Comment